I am surely not the only girl still in love (and forever will be) with Alice in Wonderland. Did you know that the novel contains a lot of symbolism & references? For instance, the whole story evolves around food & drinks. Alice needs to eat and drink to grow taller or smaller.
After the riddle “Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”, the Hatter claims that Alice might as well say, “I see what I eat…I eat what I see” and so the riddle’s solution, put forward by Boe Birns, could be that “A raven eats worms; a writing desk is worm-eaten”; this idea of food encapsulates idea of life feeding on life, for the worm is being eaten and then becomes the eater – a horrific image of mortality. Wikipedia
Without getting too much into detail, the Alice in Wonderland novels have inspired and entertained kids & adults all across the globe. I love how silly everything is, up is down and left is right. I also enjoyed the Tim Burton movie; including the Jabberwocky was a nice surprise, since Disney left it out in the animated movie (for obvious reasons).
Alice inspired me, so I went on a quest. Some Alice in Wonderland stationary would be nice. Very nice. Mind you, not the Disney version (allthough I love it). I wanted the real deal. Here are some of the amazing treasures I found (and bookmarked!) Be inspired by Alice in Wonderland!
- Mini postcard & envelopes set (60 cards and 34 envelopes $12,43) link
- Sticker stamps (80 stickers $6,90 ps: I got these & they are really nice) link
- Postcard with real vintage back (12 postcards with envelopes $15) link
- Drink me tags (10 tags with string $4,50) link
- Table confetti (add to an Alice in Wonderland themed snailmail package! 200 pieces $3) link
- White Rabbit stickers (12 stickers $1,50 ps: I ordered here before, great service & extra stickers as a gift!) link