Yesterday I was invited by my lovely friend Anique to go thrifting. It is one of my favorite things to do & if it was possible, I would do it everyday. But I had a budget, I could not spent a lot. Anique wanted clothing & I wanted home deco! Unfortunatly for Anique, there weren’t a lot of clothing sellers, but home deco? Oh, yes.
So I splurged. But.. stayed within my budget and got some really neat stuff. There was a lot of retro, 80’s, 90’s but also some antiques. And books. And DVD’s. I also saw a tiny wooden ship, but didn’t get it. I already have one of those & want to get a ship in a bottle someday.
There was also an antique magnifying glass, with a brass handle. And one with an old bone as a handle. They looked very cool, but way over my budget. Anique got a beautiful book with a lot of loose prints and drawings by Anton Pieck, ready to be framed & loved.
My budget was 15 euro (that’s about $20) and here’s what I got:
- a lamp (1 euro)
- a book with old maps (3 euro, it is amazing, maps from 1400 until 1850, “Oude scheepskaarten en hun makers: Hoogtepunten uit vijf eeuwen cartografie”)
- really old playing cards (5 euro)
- 2 glass domes/jars (2,50 euro+ 3 euro)
- an old wallet (made of camel leather, not on the pictures) (0,20 euro)
- vintage stationary (I got it for free with the book!)
Check out the pictures below. Do you like thrifting? What’s your favorite item you got so far?
Oh, I am also on Bloglovin now. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.