I thought my last video was over a year ago, but then I remembered I made the lovely Alice in Wonderland Shadowbox last time! This week, I created something spooky & eerie… in lue of Halloween! It’s my favourite holiday, so how can I not!? I didn’t intend on making something this “big”, but when I saw the new Tim Holtz Halloween 2020 collection, I just couldn’t resist! Come follow me along!
Yes, I am aware that I used a very old Tim Holtz mixed media item: the Configurations box. They were released several years ago in different sizes. Maybe you can find one on eBay or Etsy? The new Tim Holtz Halloween 2020 collection also has a package of wooden crates, they’re called Vignette Boxes and they’re available online. You could use them to recreate this box or maybe some other type of letterbox?
Mostly all the other stuff I use is from the new collection, so you can easily follow me along. The collection also featured some really cute pumpkins, unfortunately they were sold out everywhere. I debated on making them myself with maybe some orange clay, but then I figured they would look out of place, as everything else matches so well (because it’s all from the same collection). The vials are from Prima Marketing, but the new Tim Holtz collection also has brown vials!
Mind you, the paper I used is from an old stash as well (sorry!), but of course you could use any paper you want. Maybe the Laboratorie Paper Stash? I’m sure you all will be creative enough to make it work. Any paper will do, if you make it scary with ink + some spiderwebs.
Note: In the beginning of the video I wasn’t sure if I could get my hands on another roll of Halloween tape, but it finally did arrive on the last day of filming, so I could finish the inside as well. This is not explained in the video You also see me showing the Prima Marketing ring pulls and I’ve spray painted one of them black!
Another new thing this video has: titles to explain certain things! I am on a Mac now, so I have iMovie and this makes it super easy.
So now, just relax, have some pumpkin spice latte & follow me along!
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Configurations
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Design Tape Halloween
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ephemera Snippets Halloween
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Baseboards Halloween
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Layers Halloween
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Adornments Halloween Words
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Cryptic
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Bity Bats
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Resin Skull Fragments
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal Gate
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Accents
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ring Fasteners
- Tim Holtz Metal Corners
- Ranger Distress Ink – Frayed Burlap + Ink blending tool
- Prima Marketing – Memory Hardware – Montpellier Apothecary Vials
- Prima Marketing – Memory Hardware – Vincennes Metal Pulls
- Black spiderweb die cut pieces
- Black bats die cut pieces
- Black gate die cut
- Black branches die cut pieces
- White glue (ModPodge, Tonic, anything will do)
- Hot glue gun
- 3d foam tape
- Scissors and tweezer